Monday, October 18, 2010

First Craft Fair


This past weekend I participated in my first ever craft fair. It was held in downtown Cookeville on the Westside. A couple of stores in that area hosted the event & it was called Picasso Doesn't Live Here. The street was blocked off between 1st and Broad Street with booths lining both sides of the street - as well as 2 stages for live music. The street itself is home to several restaurants which probably benefited from the fair. All in all - it seemed to be a great success, especially since it was the first one.

Personally, I didn't do as well as I had hoped. That being said - I DID make enough to cover my portion of the booth cost and to have a little extra profit. So it wasn't a complete loss. My partner Racheal and I had our jewelry plus I had my crocheted blankets, napkins & pillows. We shared space with another very talented friend who had her handmade bears, family trees & book covers.

We have another event scheduled for Friday, November 5. This will be at a Ladies Lock-in at Poplar Grove Baptist Church. I will post more details closer to time.

I also have my Etsy store set up - well.... sort of. I am still tweaking it but I've got a couple of items already listed.

That's all for today, my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment